Any student who is quarantining, self-isolating or awaiting a Covid test will have work set for them by their class teacher through the class TEAMS page for any subjects they will be missing. Teachers will be setting work that is in line with the topics being covered in lessons during that week. Students at home are expected to log on to their class TEAMs pages to see remote learning assignments set for them to complete. Any work done during this time should be uploaded to TEAMs and ‘turned in’ so the teacher can view the work done.
It is an expectation that where a student is well they are working at home completing the tasks set. Should any student require support with the remote learning assignments set they should contact their class teacher through email or TEAMs for support. The assignments have been selected to ensure the least disruption to students’ learning, and to ensure they do not fall behind during their absence. Contact will be made home during the period of their absence to offer support. If you have any concerns during this time please speak to your child’s senior tutor or Samantha Rayner, Vice Principal.
Office 365 / TEAMs Guides and How to Videos:
Office 365 and TEAMs are available to our students and are used daily in school as well as to support remote learning. You can find comprehensive guides on the CMAT website under their Knowledge Base:
To get started, IT Support in school has advised this step by step guide on how to access student remote learning areas through the Microsoft website, (a more reliable way to access online learning for students compared the the VLE students had previously used) which is as follows:
- You need to go to https://www.office.com/
- Click on the sign in button on the screen
- This will open up a new tab, where you will be asked to enter an e-mail address (This will be your school email address)
- Then click next
- Then enter your password. This is what you would type in to log into the school computers.
- Then click next
- This will sign you into the CMAT SharePoint, here you can access the office 365 apps online and access any work saved on the school network.
This brings you to the web version of SharePoint, which you usually see in school. Here, students and parents can choose to download the office apps to their home PC for free. By adding the following steps:
On the SharePoint homepage, you will see an install button, which is grey.
- Here you will see an install grey button.
- Click on this grey install button and follow the onscreen instructions.
- This will then download office 365 apps, which you can then use on your device for free.
Once this is downloaded, they will be asked to sign in once, so it registers the office 365 applications, then they can use them as and when they need to.
Any issues with students logging in can be emailed to the helpdesk via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Normal office hours apply: 8am - 4pm
Please check back occasionally for further guidance and videos as they become available.