Year 8 Guided Choices 2021
This is an exciting time for all young people and, although relatively straightforward for many, it can be a little confusing or overwhelming. To help you, we provide a range of guidance and support about potential choices. The information on these pages is a starting point. The key questions to discuss at home and with your tutor when choosing options will be:
- In which subjects am I most likely to succeed?
- Which subjects do I enjoy?
- Which subjects will enable me to progress to my preferred further education course(s)?
- How can I achieve the best qualifications to support me in my future life?
There is a range of information available on and through this page to help you make your choices:
- Subject information pages: Click on the subject you are interested in knowing more about and you will see either a video or narrated powerpoint that talks you through the course, a subject information sheet with key information in one place and then examples of student work so you can see the type of work you will be doing.
- Important documents: This will include the Guided Choices booklet that explains the process, the subject information booklet which brings together all the subject information sheets and walkthrough guides for setting up the Student SIMS access and completing the Options Online.
- Key dates: The key dates for the process in one place.
Please use these resources and talk to your teachers, tutor and parents/carers to help you make your decision.
Subject Information pages
Please click on the subject you are interested in:
Core Curriculum - taken by all
|Examined||English Language and Literature||Mathematics||Science|
|Non-examined||PSHE||Philosophy, Religion and Ethics||Games|
List A - 2 or more of your 5 choices must come from these
List B - the remainder of your choices come from here
Please note for the following subjects you an choose only one and not both:
- GCSE PE or BTEC Sport but not both
- DT 3D Products or DT Fashion and Textiles but not both
Week commencing 25th January 2021
Guided Choices booklet issued to students.
Tuesday 2nd February 2021
Year 8 ‘Guided Choices Evening’ ONLINE - 6-7pm.
Details of how to join coming soon
Tuesday 9th February 2021
Year 8 Parents’ Evening
By Friday 19th March 2021
Choices complete and final form filled out via 'Options Online' sessions. These will be done in Year 8 ICT lessons if in school and remotely if not.